Here's the plan for the party:
Goodies!!! To stick with the theme, I've come up with the following list of goodies for my book club guests, along with some pics of how everything turned out:
- "Peeta" bread with hummus
- Tracker Jacker Jelly and Brie (I baked brie cheese in a pastry crust with raspberry jam and honey)
- "Rue's" goat cheese spread with crackers, carrots and peppers.
- "Cinna"sational skewers - made with cherry tomatoes, small fresh mozz. balls and kalamata olives, drizzled with balsamic vinagrette! Yum!
- Caesar Flickerman side salad - I served caesar salad individually in clear plastic cups.
- "Haymitch's" beverage corner - bar set up with some wine and cocktails.
- Nightlock Berry Surprise - strawberries served with yummy chocolate sauce.
To top it off, I am going to serve utensils in a "cornicopia." - along with a sign that says "Choose your weapon"
I love themed parties, and I think I may be going a little crazy for this one! I even scattered white rose petals around all of the serving areas, to represent President Snow's white rose! Gotta love Hunger Games!!!