Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hunger Games Book Club

SO hosting my first book party this Friday for the Trilogy of the Hunger Games books!!  So excited to discuss these great books and have some themed goodies too!
Here's the plan for the party:
Goodies!!!  To stick with the theme, I've come up with the following list of goodies for my book club guests, along with some pics of how everything turned out:

  1. "Peeta" bread with hummus


  1. Tracker Jacker Jelly and Brie (I baked brie cheese in a pastry crust with raspberry jam and honey) 

  1. "Rue's" goat cheese spread with crackers, carrots and peppers.

  1. "Cinna"sational skewers - made with cherry tomatoes, small fresh mozz. balls and kalamata olives, drizzled with balsamic vinagrette! Yum!

  1. Caesar Flickerman side salad - I served caesar salad individually in clear plastic cups.

  1. "Haymitch's" beverage corner - bar set up with some wine and cocktails.

  1. Nightlock Berry Surprise - strawberries served with yummy chocolate sauce.


To top it off, I am going to serve utensils in a "cornicopia." - along with a sign that says "Choose your weapon"




I love themed parties, and I think I may be going a little crazy for this one!  I even scattered white rose petals around all of the serving areas, to represent President Snow's white rose!  Gotta love Hunger Games!!!

1 comment: