Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Sunday, June 24, 2012
This recipe is so easy and so delicious. The bottom layer is Wildtree's banana bread, cut into circles using a small circle cookie cutter. Then the next layer is a generous teaspoon of Wildtree's Very Berry Cheesecake Blend, topped with a banana slice and a strawberry slice! If you' d like, add toothpicks to hold everything together. YUM YUM!
Wildtree is an ALL Natural food company. Our delicious food just happens to be preservative, chemical, MSG, and dye free. Wildtree's products contain no high fructose corn syrup, additives or fillers. We are peanut free, offer Gluten Free products and all of our products are low to no sodium and sugar. You have never experienced great tasting "health" food until you've tried Wildtree! From research to development, manufacturing to delivery, we seek to provide the best products as well as the quality service our customers deserve. We offer everything from appetizers to desserts, to cooking blends and infused grapeseed oils.
For more information about the products used in this recipe, head over to my website:http://www.mywildtree.com/sherritaliercio
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Ooh - another great use for an empty crystal light container! Make a super cute 4th of July "tea light" holder. Obviously you can only use the battery-powered tea lights, but this is a great way to add a little light and decoration to your 4th of July get-together! I had my kids make these, and thought it was a cute idea to post on the blog. You can always keep the lids to the containers to easily store them for next year!
- Start with an empty crystal light container, add some cute patriotic stickers (I found these stickers at my local Michael's store).
- Then add some crinkled paper - preferably blue or red to stick with the patriotic look.
- Last step is to add one battery-powered tea light to each container, and viola! Instant decorations that you and your children can be proud of!
God Bless America!
|The finished product!|
Know anyone having a baby? Well they will need PLENTY of diapers (lol), so a great gift to give them is a diaper cake! Along with the much needed diapers you can put pretty much anything you want with the cake - onesies, sippy cups, etc.
I've seen these diaper cakes so many times, and I finally decided to make one for my dear friend's baby shower. It is SO simple, you'll wonder why you never made one yourself!
- Diapers! Depending on how big you want to make the cake will determine the number of diapers you will need. For the above diaper cake, I used about 45 diapers. I bought an extra large box of diapers that had about 90 diapers in it, so I just put the extras in a cute gift bag to give along side the cake.
- Small clear hair elastics (a little difficult to see in the below pic) - I found these at Target in their dollar aisle, but I am sure you can get them at a dollar store or drug store. You will need 2 elastics for each diaper, so again depending on how big your cake will be will depend on how much you need.
|Roll the diapers as tight as you can, and then add the small clear elastics - |
one on the top of the diaper and one on the bottom of the diaper.
- Large elastic bands - I used two - one for each layer of my cake to hold the diapers together (in the top picture, the large elastic band is underneath the purple ribbon. I found it easier to put a bunch of the diapers together on the cardboard base, then put on the large elastic band, and then keep adding more diapers until the bottom layer looks nice and full, fitting on your cardboard base. Then I basically did the same thing with the top layer and just placed it on the bottom layer of the cake.
- Cardboard - this is used for the base of the cake - I just cut an 11 inch circle out of a cardboard box and covered it in foil, but you can also find cardboard cake circles at your local craft store (see below picture).
- Onesies, sippy cups, etc - this is to add to cake (optional) - and you can really add whatever you would like (see below pictures).
- Glue dots - these wonderful little things can be found in your local craft store, and will help you keep the ribbon attached to the layers, as well as helping to keep your onesies, sippys cups, etc. in place on the cake.
- Ribbons and decorations - I found ribbon and the cute butterflies at my local dollar store, but again you can use whatever you would like. You will definitely need some sort of ribbon because it will cover the large rubber band you will use to hold the diapers together (see below pictures) .
|Front view of the cake.|
|Back view of the cake.|
|Before the decorations.|
- Crinkled shredded paper - this will be used at the end when you are getting ready to wrap the diaper cake. I just put some at the base of the cake to add some extra decoration, but you don'e even need to use the paper - it's up to you!
- Clear cellophane paper to wrap the diaper cake and help hold it together - plus it makes it look much prettier too! A more finished look!
|The finished product!|
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
AMF Bowling Lanes is offering FREE bowling for your children (ages 15 and under) all summer long. You just need to go to the below link to register and then you can print your vouchers to get two free games each and every day!
You will also have the option of purchasing a package where you can bowl with your children for a small price, but if you don't have the money to spend, the FREE bowling for your children is a great option.
On the website there is also an AMF locator so you can see where the closest bowling lane is to your home. AMF Locator
Thursday, June 14, 2012
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- I started with a whole wheat pizza dough from Wildtree (but you can just as easily stop at you local pizza place and buy a dough).
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough and place it on the large cookie sheet.
- Spread ricotta cheese all over the dough (I used a medium sized container of ricotta).
- Thinly slice some uncooked baby spinach and sprinkle it all over the ricotta.
- Drizzle some Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed oil all over the spinach - don't drown it in oil, but don't be shy - put a generous amount.
- Then sprinkle some salt, pepper, Wildtree Garlic Galore and grated pecorino romano all over the spinach.
- The last thing you do is take a package of Kraft Fresh Take (Italian Blend), mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese in the package and then sprinkle over the entire pizza.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until browned on top.
Mangiamo! Let's Eat!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
A special thanks to bloomdesignsonline for this great idea and printout to add to this super cute recipe for 4th of July. Below are some pictures I took of a Memorial Day Weekend Party where Patriotic Popcorn was served. Super easy to make and very festive!
Basically I popped up some popcorn, melted some white chocolate flavored wafers and tossed it with the popcorn. Then I added some festive sprinkles (red and blue stars) and let it set up. Then I transferred the popcorn to cute red and blue buckets (dollar store find!) and printed out the cute Patriotic Popcorn pic from the above website, taped it to a skewer and in no time everyone was enjoying this delicious treat!
Monday, June 11, 2012
Father's Day is right around the corner, so help your children get a jumpstart on their gift for Dad. Disney's Family Fun website offers wonderful printables for your children to give their Dad for Father's Day! You can print cards, bumper stickers, "coupons for Dad", frames, a gift card holder and even a crown for Dad to where on his special day. On this website you will also find some great Father's Day goodies that you can make.
Below are some pictures of the activities you can print. For the full-sized copies, go to the link below that will send you to the website. Enjoy!
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Looking for something fun to do with the kiddos this summer? Better yet, looking for something fun and FREE to do? Well Marquis Cinemas on Route 37 East in Toms River will be hosting free movies at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesdays almost all summer long! You should still arrive early since there is limited seating available, and movies are subject to change, but hey for free who's complaining?!?! Not me!!!
Click on the link below for more information:
FREE summer movies at Marquis Theatre
Had to share this wonderful idea that a friend came up with! Adorable graduation cap goodies, made with marshmallows dipped in chocolate and then a chocolate covered graham cracker attached to the top. Add a little yellow frosting for the "tassel" and you're good to go! Thanks Kim for this great idea!!!