|Picture & recipe courtesy of www.bettycrocker.com|
This is definitely one of my "go-to" recipes when I want to make a ton of appetizers. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them - then just pop as many as you want onto a baking sheet and into a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, and in no time you will have delicious snacks/appetizers for your guests.
These would be a great addition to any Superbowl Sunday menu!
- 3 cups of Bisquik® mix
- 1 pound of uncooked bulk sausage (out of casing)
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (16 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dired parsley
- BBQ sauce or chili sauce for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, except BBQ sauce, using hands or spoon (I like to use plastic gloves and mix by hand).
- After mixed together, shape into 1 inch balls and place on jelly roll pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Want to make these savory cheese balls ahead? Your options are many! You can: