Monday, April 30, 2012

YOUR CHALLENGE - Daily Thankful Journal

I have a challenge for any readers of my blog - start your own Daily Thankful Journal.  Basically find yourself a notebook, small, large, plain, fancy - whatever you'd like.  Then, I challenge you first thing in the morning, or perhaps last thing at night, take a few minutes to jot down the date and something you are thankful for.  Do this for an entire year and I promise you that your outlook on life will drastically change for the better!

This may sound like a daunting task.  After all with the state of the economy and all of the horrible things we hear about on the 11 o'clock news, some of you are probably saying to yourselves, "Yeah right, I'll last for one week and then forget about it."
  
Well I am here to challenge you to start thinking differently about your life and about things that you are thankful for. It is this hope and thanks that will help lead you out of the dark and into a better place spiritually.  Too often we all get wrapped up in our problems and what we don't have, rather than really concentrating on what we do have and how "rich" we really are, just by enjoying the simple pleasures that we are all too often quick to forget.

It could be something as simple as a child's laughter, or a heartfelt conversation with a loved one.  Or you could be thankful for a day at the beach.  Whatever it is that you are thankful for in your life, start writing down one thing each day.  You may surprise yourself and realize that life is truly a wonderful gift that we are all entitled to, and it is up to us to make the most of each and every day, not knowing when the last one will be.

Please feel free to comment/post things you are thankful for, and let me know how it's going.

Good luck and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I try to do this but like you said it is very easy to forget in this busy world. I have to say dealing with my patients really puts things in perspective for me and reminds me of all the little yet significant things that I take for granted that I have to be thankful for! Thanks for reminding me to do this!

    ReplyDelete