Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget September 11th




It is on this day that I remember every year that my problems are not as bad as I think they are.  People lost so many loved ones that day - mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers.  And unfortunately there are people who are still suffering today with diseases and illnesses due to the conditions at Ground Zero and the  willingness to drop everything and help out with the rescue and recovery efforts in NYC.  

I will never forget it started out as a beautiful day with clear skies, listening to Howard Stern on my way to work in Weehawken, NJ, when he interrupted his own show to say that a plane had hit the World Trade Center.  Then seeing the smoke rise as I got there and witnessing the 2nd plane hit is an image that I can never erase from my mind.  The panic and fear that set into my heart and the yearning to just get home and see my family.  It was a scene out of a movie, people along the river just stopping and staring, me one of them - and then the horror of actually watching the towers collapse....that was such an unspeakable act of terrorism and one that changed our world forever.  I am so grateful for men and women who choose to defend our country and freedom and risk their lives to make sure we uphold our beliefs as a country.  GOD BLESS AMERICA LAND THAT I LOVE!




No comments:

Post a Comment